The CANDYSTRIPER is a Local Bus Service (Deviated Flexible Route Service) available in Torrington, Winsted and Litchfield; Monday through Friday; and also Torrington Saturday is operated by Kelley Transit Company under contract with Northwestern Connecticut Transit District.
- The local bus service is a deviated flexible route service, which means the bus will travel 3/4 mile off its local bus route, upon request, to pick up riders.
Call Kelley Transit at (860) 489-7433 the day before travel to make arrangements for pick-up. You can also request drop-off within 3/4 mile of the bus route when you are on the bus; the driver will try to accommodate your request within 30 minutes.
- Commuter bus service provides access to jobs in Torrington,
Monday through Friday.
All vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
To obtain bus route scheduled times and locations, please click on one of the towns listed below.
Route 1 - Winsted
Route 2 - Litchfield
Route 3 -
Torrington: Main St to
Route 4 -
Torrington: East Main to East Side
Route 5 - Torrington:
- Try to be at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes ahead of the
- Get on the bus and pay the fare.
- Ask the driver for a transfer, if needed, when you get on the bus. A transfer is needed if you take another bus to get to the place you want to go. Transfers are FREE, good for continuing a one-way trip on the next connecting bus, but can't be used for your return trip.
- Service animals such as guide dogs can ride on the bus.
You should know:
- Your starting point (where you can get on the bus).
- Your destination (where you want to get off the bus).
- The time you want to leave or when you want to reach your destination.
- The amount of the fare and how to pay.